Call for Session Proposals
The submission for session proposals is now closed. We look forward to seeing you at Quest 2018!
Quest 2018 session proposal information:
- Have a strong connection to the conference theme – “The Quest for Well-Being: Making Connections, Making Commitments”
- Are interactive, engaging and include students and/or other impacted groups (in person, via video conference, etc.)
- Focus on one of the following interconnected themes, while emphasizing pedagogy and learning that support well-being:
- Equity and Inclusive Education
- Safe and Accepting Schools and Workplaces
- Healthy Schools and Workplaces
- Positive Mental Health
- Eco Schools and Workplaces
- Aligns with a comprehensive approach (i.e. board plan, school plan, organizational mandate, etc.)
- Are culturally responsive and inclusive.
- Consider the impact on marginalized, underserved and/or vulnerable students or staff.
- Have a primary audience, while ensuring information presented is applicable to multiple groups.
- Have a clear and engaging title.
- Have a clear description that identifies what the learner will take away.
- A video or other media resource may be included to support the application. Please ensure that they are posted online and the URL can be shared in your application form.
Note: Original content/resources are preferred. Sessions must avoid copyright infringement (e.g. you must have permission to show a video that is not your property). It is understood that presenters may use/reference products or services during their session, however sessions cannot be based around the promotion of a product or service.
An invitation will be extended to applicants who have the highest scores based on the criteria listed above, with consideration given to balancing the needs of our diverse audience. Each session proposal will be reviewed by at least three members of the conference committee.
Successful applicants will be required to register for Quest 2018 by July 3rd, 2018.
To ensure that your proposal can be properly reviewed by the committee, you will need to complete the following (within the application form):
Confirm that you have read all of the posted information about Quest 2018 session proposals.
2: Session Information
Choose a title, program description, session type and preferred length of session. Confirm your availability and whether you have already, or plan to present this information at another conference.
Confirm who your primary audience would be and who else would benefit from attending your session. For example, if your primary audience is elementary teachers, find a way to make it applicable to administrators and support staff by sharing how they can help support the teachers.
Explain how your session is aligned to the theme, how evidence of impact will be shared, what your session objectives are and what resources you will share with participants. In this section, you will also include a sample tweet and if applicable a link to your session promo video.
5: Presenter Information
Add presenter names, titles, employers and contact information. All communication regarding the session will be sent to Presenter #1. Please review the presenter expense information before continuing.
Note: Session supplies and teacher coverage are not funded by the Quest Conference.
Only the key presenter and one co-presenter will be identified in the Quest 2018 Program.
To learn more, please review all Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions regarding Quest 2018 session proposals, please direct them to email@example.com.