Submitting a Session Proposal – TO BE UPDATED FOR VIRTUAL QUEST 2022
- What resources can I review before preparing my proposal?
The following is not an exhaustive list. It is intended to provide additional information for interested applicants.
- Promoting Well-Being in Ontario’s Education System
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- YRDSB Director’s Action Plan
- YRDSB Board Strategies
- Can I submit more than one proposal?
Absolutely! Keep in mind that only one session will be chosen if multiple are submitted.
- How should I deliver my presentation?
Choose one of the pre-determined session types or select “other” on your application if you have a different idea. Whatever you do – make sure it is engaging! Gone are the days of sessions where the presenter stands at the front and speaks without pause for an hour. Use social media, ask questions, have participants solve problems in small groups…be creative!
- Is the promo video mandatory? Can I do something else? How do I share it with the committee?
No, the promo video is not mandatory. It is simply a way to show who you are and connect with future participants. Want to submit something other than a video? Go for it – we love creativity! Just make sure you keep it under 60 seconds and upload it to YouTube or another site (should be unlisted until approved) so you can add the URL to your application. Please keep in mind that for successful session proposals, promos will be posted publicly.
- Participants in my session will need to have some prior knowledge/skill – how can I include that in my proposal?
Include any prerequisites in the session objectives section.
- When will proposals be accepted until?
Please submit your application no later than March 30, 2018 at 4:00pm.
Note: Please ensure you seek your supervisor’s support for presenting prior to submitting a proposal.